||We need help in the VOLUNTEER part of our program:
- We are building a database for people to use to compare the outcomes of
government in their community with the outcomes of government in other
communities. This involves gathering, validating and
maintaining budget, staffing and outcome information from communities like
Your participation on the team from your community will be rewarding and appreciated.
- We need technical help in developing and maintaining data-driven web sites.
- We need help in thinking through how to best present our data so
they can most effectively be used by communities seeking to govern with
- Related to #3 above, we also need help articulating
measurable outcomes so that communities
can, more objectively, look at and assess the functioning of their
government. For example, one measurable outcome that can be compared with
some validity from community to community is the response time for 911
calls. How long does it take competent emergency personnel to be on your
door step with the proper equipment after you dial 911? Other such measures
need to be established. Please include your suggestion on the form below.
- Of course we need help with money for our volunteer work but we would prefer that you help in
one of the above ways unless you are able to make a contribution of $5,000
or more. Should you wish to assist in that way; checks may be made out and
sent to: The Center for Government Functionality, c/o James Tierney-Founder, PO Box 235, Brownfield, Maine 04010. (contributions are not tax